- Many of our 8th graders took the Arrowhead Spanish placement test. 43 of them placed into Spanish 2. Congratulations to the students on their efforts and more importantly, thanks to Mrs. Oppermann for her diligence and care in preparing our students so well.
- 7th and 8th graders celebrated the end of the quarter and their positive behavior with a trip to Skyzone (7th grade) or Sussex Bowl (8th grade). The staff at Sussex Bowl complimented our students as being the most polite students they have ever had visit!
- Several of our 7th and 8th grade teachers are taking a Universal Design for Learning class with Mrs. Weiland and learning how to design lessons and instruction to best meet the needs of all learners in their classrooms. Universal Design for Learning is based on the idea that all students benefit when given multiple ways to learn new information, express their comprehension and engage in their learning.
- We have a new student teacher in Math with Ms. Frei. His name is Mr. Guillen and he will be with us for the rest of the school year.
- 8th grade Spanish students are working on fashion shows to culminate their clothing unit.
- 7th grade Spanish students celebrated the end of their food and wellness unit by making quesadillas in class.
- The 8th graders are working on a journalism unit in Language Arts. Mr. Russ, Mrs. Weiland, and Mr. Posick all played a part in kicking off the unit. Ask your child about what happened in Language Arts class on Monday, April 20th.
- 8th grade students visited Midwest Engineered Systems to experience first hand how robotics and engineering interface.
Thanks to the 7th and 8th grade team for sharing just some of the terrific things they are doing with our kids!